Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is a painless, outpatient, physician referred, healing therapy. Our exclusive, medical grade, hard chamber technology increases the “oxygen gradient” in damaged oxygen-starved tissues, acting as a “cellular energy catapult.”
Your blood carries this oxygen throughout your body. This helps fight bacteria and stimulate the release of substances called growth factors and stem cells, which promote healing.
DID YOU KNOW THAT INSURANCE PAYS for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) for Post-Radiation? Did you know that we are contracted with : Kaiser, Anthem Blue Cross, United Health Care and more?
Perhaps you know of ones who need this vital life saving information to improve their Quality of Life?
The relevance to World Cancer Day is that, though, we Do NOT treat cancer, we DO treat cancer patients everyday. Many of our patients who have had radiation treatment for cancerous tumors, present with:
1. Post Radiation Effects, including Burns and Wounds
Effects of radiation can cause tissue, bone, organ deterioration and serious infection, for which HBO is a known therapy. One example is Necrotizing Enterocolitis
; Where there is a secondary (often very serious gas gangrene) infection from radiation or surgery. (1)
2. Post Chemo effects, including dizziness, fatigue, nausea, balance, weight gain.
3. Post Cancer Tumor surgery.
Your body’s tissues need an adequate supply of oxygen to function. When tissue is injured, such as a result of surgyer, the tissue requires even more oxygen to survive and to heal. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy increases the amount of oxygen your blood can carry. This increase can restore tissue function to promote healing and fight infection.
Here are a few clinical studies of HBO as an adjunct to the radiotherapy:
- Head and Neck Cancer HBO has shown the following advantages:
1. Reducing the period and amount of preoperative radiation PLUS reduces the time before surgery.
2. Increase in the rate of primary wound healing due to less radiation effects on the skin and soft tissues.
3. Less impairment of the lymphocyte function.(2)
- Osteoradionecrosis of the mandible (ORN) (3)
- Malignant Melanoma (4)
- Carcinoma of the Lung (5)